Citizenship in St. Kitts & Nevis
The Government of St. Kitts & Nevis has introduced extensive legislation to attract financial services business to the island. St.Kitts & Nevis offers good opportunities to investors. The workforce is well-educated, English-speaking and friendly. The Government grants tax breaks, guaranteed repatriation of profits and concessions on import duties. There are no income or capital gains taxes and no inheritance or gift taxes in St.Kitts & Nevis.
The Citizenship-By-Investment program has also been in operation since 1984: it allows foreign investors to acquire citizenship under certain conditions. This makes it the oldest existing citizenship-by-investment program. It is also the most reputable citizenship program in existence. One can invest in either designated real estate or contribute to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (“SIDF”). The St. Kitts & Nevis passport is very well regarded, as only relatively few passports have been issued under this program. As a result, St. Kitts & Nevis passport holders enjoy a passport with an excellent reputation and very good visa-free travel, including to all of the EU, Canada, Hong Kong, Switzerland, and other countries. Accordingly, the St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship-by-investment program is the most attractive option if one is looking to acquire a second citizenship through investment without prior residence requirements.
The Citizenship Program of St. Christopher (St. Kitts) and Nevis was established in 1984 and requires applicants to make an economic contribution to the country. In exchange, they and their families are granted full citizenship. To qualify for citizenship, the applicant must make either an investment of at least US$ 400,000 in one of the approved real-estate developments in addition to paying government fees, other fees and taxes, or alternatively making a contribution to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) to the amount of US$ 250,000 (for a single applicant). However, this includes all government fees with the exception of due diligence fees.
When you acquire citizenship under the St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship program, you and your family enjoy full citizenship for life, which can be passed on to future generations by descent. As citizens of St. Kitts & Nevis, you and your family are issued with passports which allow visa-free travel to more than 120 countries and territories worldwide, including all of the EU. Of course you have the right to take up residence in St. Kitts & Nevis as well as in most of the CARICOM member countries at any time and for any length of time.
Citizens of St Kitts and Nevis can take advantage of a range of benefits, including:
- Citizenship for life, with the right to live and work in the country
- The ability to pass one’s citizenship to future generations by descent
- The opportunity to maintain dual citizenship if so desired
- Complete discretion with respect to citizenship, ensuring that one’s citizenship status is not reported to third parties
- Visa-free travel to about 130 countries and territories, including the European Union, the Schengen region, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- A low tax regime, safeguarding citizens from, for example, worldwide income, inheritance, and gift tax
- Life in a ‘business haven’ with numerous incentives for business and investment
The benefits of St Kitts and Nevis’ Citizenship by Investment Programme include:
- The ability to include family members in the application
- Fast processing time and transparent requirements
- No minimum level of English requirement
- No interview requirement
- No previous business experience requirement
- No requirement to reside in St Kitts in Nevis before, during, or after the application