Real Estate Option
To qualify for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis under the real-estate option of its Citizenship-by-Investment Program, the Government requires an investment in designated real estate with a value of at least US$ 400,000.
On approval in principle of an application a real estate investment the following fees are payable to the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis:
- US$ 50,000.00 for the main applicant.
- US$ 25,000.00 for the spouse of the main applicant
- US$ 25,000.00 for each child of the main applicant under the age of 18
- US$ 50,000.00 for for each qualified dependent of the main applicant above the age of 18 other than spouse
- Children over 18 years but below 25 must be in a full time learning institution and fully supported by parents.
Additionally to these fees, real-estate buyers should be aware that there are also purchase costs (mainly compulsory insurance fund contribution and conveyance fees) of approximately 4 – 5% of the purchase price.
Only villas and condominium units from an approved developer will qualify for citizenship.
With effect from January 1st , 2012 the registration fees for the real estate option are being increased from US$35,000.00 to US$50,000.00 for the main applicant and any dependent over the age of 18 years (other than a spouse).
The registration fee for a spouse and dependent children under the age of eighteen years is being increased from US$15,000.00 to US$25,000.00. The minimum real estate investment will be increased from the current level of US$350,000.00 to US$400,000.00. This change will take effect as of January 1st 2012.