To qualify for citizenship under the real estate option, the government requires applicants to make an investment in designated, officially approved real estate with a value of at least US$ 400,000 plus the payment of government fees and other fees and taxes. As the application procedure under this option involves the purchase of real estate, this can lengthen the processing time depending on the chosen property. Real estate can be re-sold 5 years after the purchase and may not qualify the next buyer for citizenship. A list of approved real-estate developments is published under Approved Real Estate
Acquisition of citizenship under the SIDF option requires a contribution to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation.
How to Proceed
Applications for Citizenship cannot be lodged directly at the Citizenship -by-Investment Unit, instead it can only be handled by registered Authorised Persons.
Service Providers are charged US$250.00 or its equivalent in Eastern Caribbean currency for each set of application forms issued. Applications can be obtained from Authorised Persons.
- Application for registration as a Citizen (Form C1)
- Photograph and Signature Certificate (Form C2)
- Medical Certificate (Form C3) including original results of HIV Test (HIV test is required for all persons applying for citizenship including children over 12 years).
Note: HIV test results must not be older than 3 months.
Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation option:
- Investment Confirmation/Escrow Agreement (Form C4)
Important: Forms C1, C2, C3 and C4 will be supplied by your local authorised person. (Only original application forms are accepted)
Applicants should fill out the application forms that can be obtained from any local corporate service provider or lawyer licensed to practice in the Federation ( for a list of local service providers please visit www.fsrc.kn and go to the section labeled Service Providers.
For further information please visit FAQ.
All Applicants are required to provide the following:
- Completed C1 application form
- Completed C2 application form
- Completed C3 application form
- Original excerpt of full birth record or Certified copy of birth certificate (i.e. a birth document that also includes your parent’s details, or a household register, family book etc.)
- Certified copy of proof of name change (Deed Polls or jurisdictional equivalent, if applicable)
- Certified copy of current national identity card(s) (children under the age of 16 are exempted)
- Certified copy of current passport(s) showing name, photo citizenship/nationality, date and place of issue, expiry date, passport number and issuing country.
- HIV Test Results must be no older than 3 months (children under the age of 12 are exempted)
- Police Certificate “certificate of no criminal record” or “police clearance certificate” from country of citizenship and any country where you have lived for more than 1 year over the past 10 years ( children under the age of 16 are exempted)
- Six (6) photographs approximately 35 x 45mm in size, taken within the past six (6) months (N.B. one of the photographs must be certified and attached to the C2 form)
Other supporting documents required from the main applicant:
- C4 application Form (SIDF Option)
- Completed Purchase and Sales Agreement (Approved Real Estate Option)
- At least 1 original professional reference (e.g. from an attorney, notary public, charted accountant or other professional of similar standing) not older than 6 months.
- Bank Statements for a 12 month period from the date of submission of application
- At least 1 original bank reference letter issued by an internationally recognized bank, not older than 6 months.
- Certified copy of Military Records or exemption from military service (if applicable)
- 1 original document of evidence of residential address (e.g. certified copy of a recent utility bill or bank statement showing full name and address, or written confirmation from a bank, attorney, chartered accountant or notary public).
- Employment Letter(s) stating the start of employment, position held and salary earned
- Certified copy of Business License or Incorporation documents
- 1 Original excerpt of marriage record or certified copy of marriage certificate(s) if applicable (i.e. if married persons apply together).
- Certified copy of divorce documents (if applicable).
- Statement and evidence of source of fund to be invested in St Kitts and Nevis
- Affidavit of Financial Support for applicant’s between the ages of 18 -30
- Certified copy of University Degrees (if applicable)
- Limited Power of Attorney